- Year: 2005
- Author: Access Economics, Maunsell Australia
- Publisher: Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation
- Published Location: Barton, ACT
- ISBN: 174151097X
- Country: Australia
Evaluates the use of technology in the land-based export supply chain, to ensure it maximises Australia's global competitiveness
- technology in the transport and distribution of agricultural produce is relatively low in the logistics chain, but provides an opportunity for improved productivity with improved communication infrastructure.
- market and regulatory drivers indicate that there may be a long term trend towards greater use of technology in the transport industry to assure security and food safety in supply chains.