- Year: 2011
- Author: Zamfir, Andreea Ileana
- Journal Name: Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management
- Journal Number: Vol.6, No.3
- Publisher: Research Centre in Public Administration & Public Services
- Published Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Country: Europe
The issues of the renewable energy and regional development have become major priorities for public policy makers across the globe. Therefore, this study explores some European experiences and steps forward in the field of the management of renewable energy and regional development. Firstly, an overview of renewable energy issues in European regions is revealed, and secondly, some measures and actions for managing regional development of renewable energy in Romania taking into account the financial allocations through the Cohesion Policy are disclosed. The results of this study may be used for upcoming research in the area of implementing renewable energy projects for urban and rural development of the regions.