- Year: 2003
- Author: Beer, Andrew; Maude, Alaric; Pritchard, Bill
- Publisher: University of New South Wales Press
- Published Location: Sydney, NSW
- ISBN: 9780868405483
- Country: Australia
Draws national and international experience as well as regional development theory to set out the principles and strategies that can be used to establish a stronger future for our regions.
A 'hands on' book that provides concrete guidance for policy makers, local government officials and economic development practitioners and will allow readers to better understand the often complex world of regional development and policy.
Developing Australia's Regions considers these key issues for Australia's regions:
- Government policy in promoting economic development;
- The achievements of economic development agencies;
- How we can best achieve 'Green Regions' that are both internationally competitive and ecologically sustainable;
- The promotion of new industries and new firms, whether low, medium or high technology;
- The future for regional policy in Australia, and the choices Australia faces in attempting to develop both a strong national economy and a vibrant set of regions.