- Year: 2012
- Author: Descovich, Jenny; Norris, Heather
- Publisher: RDA Mackay Whitsunday & RDA Fitzroy and Central West
- Country: Australia
- State/Region: Queensland
The proposed Central Queensland Resource Catchment Workforce Development Strategy (CQRCWDS) project was initiated by RDA Mackay Whitsunday and the Queensland Government to explore a way to address the projected skills shortages in the resources sector in Central Queensland.
This report is a starting point in regional workforce planning and development to:
- ensure that regional stakeholders have a mechanism for input into the Queensland Government CQRCWDS;
- catalogue current and proposed workforce development initiatives in the region across all industry sectors;
- develop the regional story on future workforce requirements across all industry sectors by reviewing major projects and current and projected skills shortages; and
- ensure the regional story is reflected in the Queensland Government's CQRCWDS.