- Year: 2013
- Author: Victorian Government, Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- Publisher: Victorian Government, Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- Published Location: East Melbourne
- ISBN: 978-1-74287-971-0
- Country: Australia
- State/Region: Victoria
This report details the performance of Department of Environment and Primary Industries’ Fuel Management Program in 2012–13.
The Fuel Management Program is one part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to managing bushfire risk. Fuel management refers to activities DEPI, and its partner agencies, carry out on public land to reduce bushfire fuel hazard.
The main elements of the report include:
• DEPI’s planned burning activities (also known as prescribed burning)
• area treated with fuel management during the financial year
• funds expended on the program
• impacts on biodiversity.