Pathways to the future: building local strategies for regional resilience and sustainable development in central western Queensland
- Year: 2016
- Author: Institute for Resilient Regions
- State/Region: Central Western Queensland
In Central Western Queensland the current drought emergency has stimulated a range of responses including the Community Drought Leadership Groups with their toolkits enabling communities to develop drought response plans and make the most of existing resources.
Building on these initiatives and recognising the importance of assisting regional communities focus on longer term thinking and planning, the Remote Area Planning and Development Board has invited USQ's Institute for Resilient Regions to conduct a series of workshops to engage community participation in a creative process structured around the following questions:
1. What is the longer term future for central western Queensland?
2. What are the options for sustainable development in our region?
3. How do we make our communities as resilient as possible?